Xiaomi already announced the Redmi 1S in India as a budget smartphone at Mi3 launch event last month, and finally today, at Delhi, the “China Apple” company has has confirmed that it would go on sale at Rs. 5,999 on Flipkart, starting this September 2.
Although, it would be a flash sale similar to Mi3 smartphone, and the registrations would begin starting today, August 26 at 6PM. The Redmi 1S is Rs. 1000 cheaper than the price it announced like it did with the Xiaomi Mi3.
The Xiaomi Redmi 1S sports a 4.7-inch HD IPS display, packs a 1.6GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8228) CPU with Adreno 305 GPU processor. Runs on Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) based on MIUI ROM. The Xiaomi’s latest smartphone, Redmi 1S features an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash with f/2.2 aperture and a 1.6MP front-facing sensor.
Connectivity options on Xiaomi Redmi 1S support 3G, GPRS/ EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n with Direct and hotspot functionality, Micro-USB, Bluetooth 4.0, FM radio, GPS/ A-GPS, and USB OTG. Packs a 2400mAh battery, weighs at 158g, and has a dimension of 137x69x9.9mm.
Xiaomi Redmi 1S Specifications
- 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display with Dragontrail glass protection
- 1.6 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8228) processor with Adreno 305 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, micro SD card up to 64GB
- MIUI v5 on top of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
- Dual SIM
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1.4ųm sensor, 1080p video recording
- 1.6MP front-facing camera
- Hi-Fi System with Dirac sound
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- 2000 mAh battery
The Redmi 1S will be available in grey color, but a range of colorful back covers would be available separately for Rs. 469. Screen protectors for Rs. 179, silica gel cover at INR 359 and flip cover at Rs. 559.