Finally, the Chinese Apple giant Xiaomi has already seen the success of the Mi3 smartphone in the Indian market, and today started sending invites for a special event on Tuesday, August 26, where the company will officially launch the Redmi 1S handset in India. Two separate events to be held in Bangalore and Delhi to introduce the Redmi 1S. Full details after this fold!
Although the dual-SIM Xiaomi Redmi 1S offers a dual standby (Micro-SIM) and was first and foremost announced for China in May. It features a 4.7-inch 720×1280 pixel IPS-LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 2 protection and a pixel density of roughly 312ppi.
The Redmi 1S expected to give its best competition to the top brands and will blow our mind with a sub Rs. 10,000 smartphone category in India. It runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with MIUI skinned on top.
Xiaomi’s Redmi 1S is powered by a 1.6GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 SoC, paired with Adreno 305 GPU and 1GB of RAM.
The smartphone includes 8GB of built-in storage that is expandable via microSD card (up to 32GB). The Redmi 1S comes with an 8-megapixel rear autofocus camera with flash, alongside a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera. Support with 3G, GPRS/ EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n with Direct and hotspot functionality, Micro-USB, Bluetooth 4.0, FM radio, GPS/ A-GPS, and USB OTG, the Redmi 1S packs a 2400mAh battery, weighs at 158g, and has a dimension of 137x69x9.9mm.
Xiaomi Redmi 1S Specifications
- 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display
- 1.6 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8228) processor with Adreno 305 GPU
- MIUI v5 on top of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
- Dual SIM
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1.4ųm sensor, 1080p video recording
- 1.6MP front-facing camera
- Hi-Fi System with Dirac sound
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, micro SD card up to 64GB
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- 2000 mAh battery
Pricing was announced at the time of the Mi3 launch in India, Xiaomi Redmi 1S will be available at Rs. 6,999. Considering the phone’s price tag, there will be a boosting response to Redmi 1S, and obviously see the stock shortages though.