The Chinese handset manufacturer Xiaomi has finally announced the availability of the much-awaited flagship killer, the Mi3 with Snapdragon in India. Xiaomi has today launched its first smartphone for the Indian market, alongside unveiling the prices for Redmi 1S and Redmi Note.
Xiaomi’s Mi3 smartphone is available from July 22, 12pm IST, exclusively on Flipkart, Pre-registration opens on Tuesday and will last until 21 July midnight. While the company’s next generation Redmi 1S smartphone and Redmi Note will be launching in India in August 2014.
Officially, Xiaomi Mi3 launched in India, running a highly tweaked version of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, called MIUI v5 on top of 4.4 KitKat. The Mi3 device has a 5-inch full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with 441ppi, based one-glass solution (OGS) ultra-sensitive touch.
Powered Mi3 with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset clocked at 2.3GHz quad-core (MSM8274AB) processor coupled with 2GB of RAM and Adreno 330 GPU. The Xiaomi Mi3 is listed with 16GB of built-in storage with no word on expandable memory support.
Camera on Xiaomi Mi3 sports with a 13-megapixel rear with Sony Exmor BSI sensor, 28mm lens with f/2.2 aperture, dual LED flash and a 2-megapixel BSI front-facing camera with 30mm lens. It is backed by a 3050mAh battery and the Mi 3 measures 144×73.6×8.1mm and weighs 145 grams. It will be available in Metallic Grey colour.
Connectivity option on Xiaomi Mi3 smartphone include 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, and NFC.
Xiaomi Mi3 Features and Specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with 441 PPI resolution with Corning Gorilla glass protection
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 (MSM 8974AB) processor
- Dimensions – 114mm×72mm×8.1mm, weight: 145g
- MIUI V5 on top of Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 13MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, Sony Exmor BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p full HD video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera with BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p full HD video recording
- 2GB DDR3 RAM, 16GB internal memory
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, and NFC
- 3050mAh battery
The Xiaomi Mi3 priced at Rs. 13,999 a bit cheaper than the pricing of that it announced last week. The first Xiaomi’s smartphone maker to offer an Android handset with Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 SoC. The best rival to Nexus 5 and many other great mobile phones out there with high-pricing.