Tip: How to Change iOS 5 Notification Center Background (Jailbreak Required)
Already Installed iOS 5 on your iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) , and enjoyed using the new Notification Center in iOS 5 , with some Best Jailbreak Widgets (Tweaks). Here’s ( How To )small Tip , that will make/ Change the iOS 5 Notification Center even Better and Awesome. Follow the Guide to Change the Background of your iOS 5 Notification Center, and give it your own Customized Background with Styl e.
How to Change iOS 5 Notification Center Background
First of all, the Upgraded iOS 5 Device requires to be Jailbroken on iOS 5 . You need to Cydia to Install some important Utilities to get the Steps working. You’ll also need an SSH Client like WinSCP for Windows or Cyberduck for Mac OS X .
You must Require These Before Changing iOS 5 Notification Center Background:
* Need a Wallpaper to be Set as the Background of Notification Center in iOS 5, the Wallpaper Sized as 640 x 960 Pixels, you can get from HERE or Grab from Google Images to pick up your Desired one.
Change Background of iOS 5 Notification Center – Steps
Step 1 – Open up your iPhone (Jailbroken on iOS 5) and get into Cydia, Then Search for OpenSSH and Install it.
Step 2 – Once OpenSHH Installed, get on your WiFi from your iOS 5 Device to get the IP Address of your Network Carrier.
Step 3 – Now Open the Installed SHH Client ( We are Using WinSCP in this Guide), and Type doown the Following Information.
Host name: <type the IP address of your network from the previous step>
Step 4 -From WinSCP, Open the Below Directory, like:
Step 5 – Till you find an Image named BulletinListLinen_png or BulletinListLinen@2x.png, Scroll Down in this Directory. Now Replace it with your Favorite (Desired) Image that you want to be the Background of your Notification Center in iOS 5.
Important Note – P.S the name of the Image must be the same as found in the Directory.
Step 6 – In this Step, you will go to to the following Directory:
Step 7 – Until you see a File Called: com.apple.SpringBoard.notificationCenterLinen, Scroll Down and Delete That File.
Step 8 – Once Give a Respring or Reboot your iOS 5 iPhone, ipad or iPod Touch Device to get it working.
This is the other Way to Change Notification Center in iOS 5 Background:
1. SSH into your iDevice. [You can do that via your computer, or your iDevice alone.]
2. Go to ‘Systems/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app‘
3. Locate the file ‘BulletinListLinen‘ ['BulletinListLinen@2x.png' if you own an iPhone 4 or an iPod Touch 4th Gen]
5. Create or look for a picture as a wallpaper. I would recommend that you stick to the size ‘320 x 480‘. ['640 x 960' if you own an iPhone 4 or an iPod Touch 4th Gen]
6. Rename the file ’BulletinListLinen‘ [If you own an iPhone 4 or an iPod Touch 4th Gen, Rename as 'BulletinListLinen@2x.png'] and replace the original file.
7. Respring or Reboot to Work.