It’s official now! Sony has finally launched the anticipated Xperia Z3 – the company’s next flagship smartphone at the IFA 2014. Features a 5.2-inch 1080p Triluminos Display with Live Color LED-powered X-Reality, offers a 2K resolution.
The main, non-compact Z3 packs a 3100mAh battery, which Sony calims will deliver talktime over two days, which is definitely be on the radar of power users. Xperia Z3’s screen is more brighter 600 cd brightness and has smaller bezels on the sides. It also has curved design and is just 7.3mm thick.
Powered by a quad-core 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 SoC with Adreno 330 GPU and coupled with 3GB of RAM. Compared to the already seen Galaxy Note 4 specs, the Xperia Z3 is yet another impressive handset.
The rear-facing camera is 20.7-megapixel offering inclusive of Sony’s own software and technologies, G lens with a 27mm wide angle f/2.0 aperture custom 1/2.3″ Sony Exmor RS image sensor, BIONZ image processing engine, ISO 128000, capable of 4K video recording and with the 2.2MP front-facing sensor, it comes with Exmor R sensor. So expect a premier point-and-shoot experience from the Z3.
It has IP65/68 ratings for dust and water resistance and Sony has also implemented PS4 Remote Play inclusion that lets you use the smartphone as a remote screen to connect and control games on PlayStation 4 console.
Sony Xperia Z3 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display with Live Colour LED powered by X-Reality engine, 600 cd brightness
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor (MSM8974AC) with Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, Upto 128GB expandable memory via microSD card
- Android 4.4.4 (KitKat)
- 20.7MP Primary Camera with Exmos RS sensor, 4K video recording
- 2.2MP front-facing camera with 1080p video recording
- 7.3mm thick and weighs 152 grams
- IP65/68 rating for dust and water resistance
- Sony DSEE HX audio technology
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- 4G LTE /3G HSPA+, WiFi 820.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with APT-X, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL 3.0, NFC
- 3100 mAh Battery with STAMINA mode
Price and Release Date
The Sony Xperia Z3 will be available in Black, White, Green and Copper colors and will launch globally from this Autumn. No word on pricing yet, but the device is expected to hit shelves this fall.