iH8sn0w has just rolled out their most popular jailbreaking tool “Sn0wbreeze” for Windows, which now incorporates pod2g’s untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
The Sn0wbreeze gets updated to version 2.9 that considered the unofficial PwnageTool for Windows. It allows the users to create custom 5.0.1 firmware files that is pre-jailbroken, which can also be used to update their iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, 3rd-gen iPod touch and iPod touch 4G to iOS 5.0.1.
To celebrate the second anniversary, Sn0wbreeze 2.9 has released as an untethered 5.0.1 jailbreak including various features.
iH8sn0w has also included a number of features and improvements in Sn0wbreeze 2.9 such as:
- Brought back old firmware support in one release!
- GUI Improvements
- You can now build IPSWs with TinyUmbrella/iFaith blobs!
- Removes OTA Updates/badge on iOS 5.x.x+ devices.
- Added an IPSW Downloader
- Built-in iREB functionality updated from newest iREB r5 module.
- Custom Packages in Expert actually works now. 😛
- All supported firmwares in this release are untethered.
- A5 devices are NOT supported at this time due to no public DFU/iBoot exploit.
Sn0wbreeze 2.9 supports the following iOS software updates:
- iOS 3.1.3
- iOS 3.2.x
- iOS 4.0.x
- iOS 4.1
- iOS 4.2.1 – 4.2.8
- iOS 4.3 – 4.3.3
- iOS 5.0.1
You can now download the latest version of Sn0wbreeze for Windows (only) from here.
Wan’t to Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Untethered with Sn0wbreeze 2.9 for Windows, steps posted here.