iH8sn0w has updated iFaith to version 1.4 bringing support for saving SHSH blobs of iOS 5.0.x firmware as long as you are currently running that ipsw on your iOS device, even if Apple isn’t signing it.
As usual, The iPhone 4S and iPad 2 (A5 devices) are not yet supported. You can save SHSH blobs using iFaith for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G and ATV 2 only.
Here’s full change log of iFaith v1.4 is as follows:
iFaith v1.4 Release notes:
– Now dumps iOS 4.4.x (Apple TV 2)/5.0.x apticket + SHSH blobs!
– Dumping is MUCH faster.
– Full Windows XP support.
– Major code improvements.
– Bug fixes.
– DOES NOT SUPPORT A5 DEVICES YET!
Actually, why you save SHSH blobs on your iOS devices? This means if you dump your SHSH blobs on your iDevice running the iOS 5 or iOS 5.0.1 firmware, you could create a custom stitched IPSW and restore to that firmware (yes, this means you can downgrade on iOS 5) otherwise no downgrading will be possible to the lower iOS version firmware.
How to Save 5.0/5.0.1 iOS SHSH blobs of iPhone 4, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G using iFaith 1.4
1. Download iFaith for Windows (below post)
2. Start the program and click on ‘Dump SHSH Blobs’ button as shown in the screenshot below.
3. Hit the ‘Proceed’ button, followed by ‘Let’s Go!’ until the program asks you to enter DFU mode.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter DFU mode:
* Hold Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds
* Now release the Power button but continue holding the Home button for 10 more seconds
* You device should now be in DFU mode
Once the DFU mode on the device is detected, iFaith will automatically start the process of dumping SHSH blob. This may take a while.
5 . Once the process is completed, iFaith will ask you to save the SHSH blob on local disk.
In addition to this, iFaith will also automatically save a copy of this file on its server.
That’s it! The SHSH blob for your iOS device has been backed up successfully for later use!
You can however still go back to custom iOS 5.0 IPSW which is created using iFaith 1.4 with the SHSH blobs incorporated for the firmware you are downgrading to, as explained by iH8sn0w in the video below:
iFaith v1.4 for Windows can be downloaded via the link given below.