Although you might have already seen the images and video showing what an early build of Android L for the Samsung Galaxy S5 looks like (images here). However, the South Korean company’s engineers have been hard at work tweaking things and integrating the Touch-Wiz UI with the new version of Android. And today, we here got some pictures that showcased something unusual.
Here comes how the newer build of Android 5.0 looks on the Galaxy S5, which get demonstrated in all its glory. As you can see the first screenshots above, Samsung has refined many design bits, and the infirmatuon page still doesn’t say the word Lollipop, but the Android version is now listed as 5.0, instaed of the “L” we saw last time.
The new leaked build has got mostly UI enhancements, when compared to the old ones. A fingerprint lock screen like the one in the Galaxy Note 4 appears, there’s a new system font, new animations, a Google Search bar in the Recents menu, alongside the brightness slider in the notification area has got a new color, “Interruptions” has been removed from Sound settings.
Also present and redesigned are the Gallary now has new filters, Contacts has a new search box, and a stock apps with Material Design get the colored status bar. Settings has new icons, there’s a new UI for setting the wallpaper, and better spacing itms in the power off dialog. However, the green elements in Google’s Lollipop theme has been replaced with Samsung’s blue theme and the Music, Clock, and Calendar apps will come with improved designs as well.
Exclusive: Second Preview of Android 5.0 (Lollipop) on Samsung GALAXY S5
List of changes in the new Lollipop build compared to the old one:
- New Note 4 fingerprint lock screen
- New system-wide font — similar to the original one, but a tad thinner.
- New animations, much smoother than before — there’s a screen off animation present as well.
- Google Search bar in recents menu
- Brightness slider in notification centre has a new yellow colour — while changing the brightness, the notification centre disappears and allows the user to view the content beneath it.
- Removed “Interruptions” from Sound settings
- Gallery: Media can be sorted using new filters including Pets, Events, Scenery, Documents, Food, Vehicles and Flowers.
- Music: Improved UI
- Clock: Navigation bar icons are now accompanied by text
- Calculator: Removed square grids which surrounded the numbers and symbols
- Contacts: New search box
- Stock Material Design inspired applications receive colored status bar
- Android Lollipop theme’s core green elements replaced with Samsung’s blue colour
- Settings: Improved UI, new icon colours
- New UI for setting wallpaper from home screen
- Better spacing between options in power off dialog
Being a Samsung Galaxy S5 owner, I am pretty much awaited for the update. Android 5.0 Lollipop will be hitting Galaxy S5 before the end of this year, as per the past report.