Jailbreak iOS 5, 4.3.3/4.3.5 on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch without IPSW – Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 Firmware File
Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 Released – without IPSW Firmware file Selection (Tether/Untether)Jailbreak iOS 5, iOS 4.3.5/4.3.4/4.3.3/4.3.2/4.3 on iPhone 4/3GS, iPad 2/1 and iPod Touch 4G/3G. iPhone Dev Team member MuscleNerd released Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 with Major Update loaded. Where this Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 do not ask you to Select .ipsw file when you are going to Jailbreak iOS iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
This Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 Update will automatically detects the best solution for you either a Tethered Jailbreak or Untethered Jailbreak. The only case is that if you are asked to Poibt to ipsw file is in iOS 5 Betas version (as it is not available for Public yet). This Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 will allow you to verify and Submit your SHSH Blobs file to Cydia.
Important Note – Please note that the ‘scan and store’ of the essential files does NOT apply to the iOS 5 Beta releases. Those wishing to jailbreak one of the several incarnations of iOS 5 Beta will need to go about it the old school way and provide the full .iPSW in order for it to work. This limitation is placed because iOS 5 Betas are not available to public.
Here is the Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 Change Log:
* uses DFU mode to try to automatically determine which device and FW you have
* fetches pieces of public IPSWs from Apple (once). Non-public IPSWs must be provided manually (once). It then caches those pieces for future use.
* “Just boot” is a tethered boot. Uses whatever “Preferences” you’ve set for boot logo and kernel boot-args
* “Pwned DFU” puts your device in a pwned DFU state for some of the iTunes stuff detailed below
* “Recovery fix” gets past 1015 types of errors (when baseband portion of restore fails). Should work on iOS5 beta too
* “Select IPSW” is for picking non-public IPSWs, or overriding auto-detection
* “SHSH blobs” has a bunch of options…
* “Fetch” – fetch current PARTIAL blobs on device. Should complete in under 10 or 15 seconds. Puts the set of PARTIAL of blobs on your computer as a plist. Checks if Cydia already has a full set for this device and build. If not, it submits this PARTIAL set and returns Cydia’s acknowledgement or rejection
* “Verify” – cryptographically verifies existing blob files from either redsn0w, TinyUmbrella, or Cydia server. You can select a whole bunch of blobs to verify at once if you want (like the TinyUmbrella directory)
* “Submit” – both verifies and submits one or more blob files to Cydia. This lets you copy your entire TinyUmbrella cache of blobs up to the Cydia server
* “Query” – queries the Cydia server for all available FULL or PARTIAL blobs for a given set of ECIDs
* “Stitch” – stitches either FULL or PARTIAL blobs to a STOCK or CUSTOM IPSW
1. FULL blobs stitched to a STOCK IPSW gives you a completely self-contained signed IPSW that iTunes will accept without any tricks (no need to go into pwned DFU mode, no need to start TinyUmbrella TSS server, no need to redirect to Cydia server for blobs)
2. PARTIAL blobs stitched to any IPSW requires you to go into pwned DFU mode before running iTunes. No need to start TU or use Cydia though.
3. stitching either FULL or PARTIAL blobs to a CUSTOM IPSW also requires a pwned DFU start before iTunes restores. No need to start TU or use Cydia though.
4. stitching is NOT yet supported on iPhones (well, at least not tested). Need to work out the baseband part of the restore process.
5. will eventually support fetching the blobs directly from Cydia instead of a file on your computer
To Jailbreak iPad 2, then wait for some time. Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 will jailbreak any advice except iPad 2, those can be Jailbroken on iOS 4.3.3 using JailbreakMe Method.
How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.5/4.3.3/4.3/4.x.x using Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 without .ipsw file:
Step 2 – In order to just jailbreak your iOS device, simply click on “Jailbreak” button and follow the standard onscreen instructions to enter DFU mode in order to install Cydia on your device.
If you are using any iOS 5 Beta version, then Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 will automatically detect all the important bits from the required ipsw File without bothering you to Download those large IPSW Files.
If you are using iOS 5 Beta Firmware, then you will need to provide the .IPSW Firmware file manually.
Step 3 – That is it, you have successfully the Tethered or Untethered Jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 and optionally you can also use extra features that are found under “Extra” Option. This includes options such as entering DFU mode, booting in tethered mode (required by all tethered jailbreaks: iOS 4.3.5, 4.3.4, iOS 5), fetching, verifying or using SHSH blobs, changing boot logos and more.
So, without IPSW Firmware Filkes, you can now Jailbreak iOS 5 Betas, iOS 4.3.5/4.3.4 Tethered and also make Untethered iOS 4.3.3/4.3/4.3.x Jailbreak on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Wait for Jailbreak tool to Jailbreak iPad 2.