The first method we showed to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 untethered using a cydia jailbreak tweak. Now using Redsn0w; how to do iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak directly from your Windows PC or Mac system using latest Redsn0w 0.9.10b1 released by iPhone Dev Team.
The A4 iDevices Supported by iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak
* iPhone 4 (GSM – CDMA)
* iPhone 3GS
* iPod touch 4G
* iPod touch 3G
* iPad 1
iPhone Dev Team Notes:
* If you have one of those devices and are not on 5.0.1 yet, update now! The SHSH window is still open for 5.0.1 If you unlock via ultrasn0w or gevey, make sure you only get to 5.0.1 via a custom IPSW! Once you’re at 5.0.1, use the latest redsn0w 0.9.10 to both jailbreak and untether.
* If you’re already at 5.0.1 with a tethered jailbreak, you have two choices: either run redsn0w 0.9.10 over your current jailbreak (deselect “Install Cydia” if you do that), or install the Cydia package prepared by the chronic devteam. The patches are the same regardless of which you choose.
* Some of you are using a hybrid 5.0/5.0.1 configuration. If so, do not attempt to install this untether over that setup! You will most likely get into a reboot cycle. Do a sync and fresh restore to 5.0.1 then install the jailbreak + untether.
To Perform Jailbreak 5.0.1 Untethered iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch, iTouch 3G, iPad 1
Downloads available from here :
1. Download Redsn0w 0.9.10b1 for Windows and Mac from here.
2 . Download iOS 5.0.1 stock firmware from here
3. Download iTunes from here.
Step By Step guide to follow carefully
Step 1 : First backup your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad and restore its using the iOS 5.0.1 IPSW file downloaded above.
Step 2 : Launch Redsn0w you already downloaded, select “Extras” then “Select IPSW” and browser for the iOS 5.0.1 firmware file.
Step 3 : Now click on “Jailbreak” then “Install Cydia”.
Step 4 : You’ll now need to get your iDevice into DFU mode, follow the on-screen instructions to get into, or head over to this guide posted here on how to.
Step 5 : After finishing, your device will be rebooted and you’ll get a full untethered jailbreak on iOS 5.0.1.
If you are already tethgered jailbreak on your devices, you can run a jailbreak tweak from Cydia. Follow the full guide posted here to do yourself.
For Users Who Rely On Unlock:
For those of you who rely on Ultrasn0w or Gevey SIM unlock must preserve the old baseband using “Custom IPSW” option found in Redsn0w.