New Delhi,Sep 16 (IANS): California-based chip-maker Intel and Metis Learning Tuesday launched a tablet for children aged 2-10. Intel has finally set its foot in the wold of tablets. The official announced the price would be around at Rs.9,999.
The technology is been hitting to the rock for to bring a drastic change across India. Tablets are now the user-friendly devices, children can feel tablets as a spotlight to learn. Intel is bounded for 2 to 3 years creating this and building solution.
Sandeep Arora, Intel South Asia director, Marketing, said”.
The kids tablet Eddy, combines an ideal balance of perfomance and giving high extension battery life with strong learning content to provide an innovative and exciting with it’s school-based classmate series.
The Tablet from Intel made rough-use as possible in-order to keep tablet safe in the hands of rough and reckless-kids and it ensures a smooth working and good viewing. They’re trying to make a tie-up with schools and pre-schools for this tablet. In particular pre-schools are showing a lot more interest towards Eddy,” Gulia said.
Metis Eddy G70 Tablet Features
- Comes pre-loaded with over 160 of the world’s best learning apps selected by educators and experts to accelerate a child’s social, emotional and cognitive development
- Preloaded content covers over 300 key skills which a child needs to learn between the ages of 2 to 10.
- Has partnerships with Google’s top education app developers including Intellijoy, Tipitap, iStoryBooks and others to ensure best-in-class learning content.
- Proprietary Athena OS provides children a completely safe environment and allow for robust parental controls, including time discipline, usage reports and kid-safe internet browsing
- All content on the tablet is violence-free;
- Eddy’s screen is ophthalmologist approved, and ensures UV ray protection and lower eye strain compared to other screens.
- Scratch proof screen and impact resistant, with a 9H hardness level
- High quality drop-safe bumper made of food grade silicone bumper to prevent damage from falls
Eddy has brought some interesting features to share with: Android 4.2 with internal storage of 16GB and can be expanded up to 32GB. It comes pre-loaded with over 160 learning apps selected by educators and experts.
- 7-inch (1024 x 600 pixels) multi-touch display
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) OS with Athena OS on top
- dual-core Intel Atom Z2520 processor processor
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal memory , 32GB expandable memory with microSD
- 2MP rear camera
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, Built-in Mic
- 3G (via dongle),WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, mini HDMI out, USB OTG
- 2800 mAh battery
Eddy will be available in e-commerce company Amazon for around a month, following which it will be available in retail stores, he said.
The Metis Eddy G70 is priced at Rs. 9999 (MRP), and will be available for Rs. 8,499 (MOP) via Amazon in India with offers worth INR 4,500 for limited time.