Install Windows 7/8 from USB Drive – How To Guide
How to Install Windows 7 or Windows 8 from USB Drive ? Here is the detailed 100% working Guide on Installing Windows 7/8 from an USB Flash Drive . First of all you must know about using the proper Commands . Where there are many other Guides on How to Install Windows Vista and Win 7 from USB Drive .
But, many guides are incomplete and not working guides. Actually, this is the guide i searched for, that is 1005 working guide from one of the source on the Web. I used this guide to Install Windows 7 from USB Drive without any errors.
How I Installed Windows 7 from USB Drive on my Computer ?
I had a Windows 7 Beta Version, and just in 15 to 20 minutes i Installed Windows 7 on my PC from USB. Actually, you can also Install Windows 7 or Windows Vista in just 15 Minutes by using a USB Drive and also can use this Bootable USB Drive on Computer, who don’t have a DVD Optical Drive.
Important Note – Your Computer Motherboard should support USB Boot Feature to make use of Boootable USB Drive.
What are you going to Require ?
* A USB Flash Drive (4GB Minimum)
* Windows Vista or Windows 7 Installation Files
So, you got all that, then you are ready to Follow below steps-by-step Guide to Create a Bootable Windows Vista or Windows 7 USB Drive.
1. After Plug-in USB Flash Drive to the USB port, please Move all the contents from the USB Drive to a safe place on your System.
2. Now Open Command Prompt – So that you can us any of the methods below to Open Coimmand Prompt with Admin Rights.
“Type cmd in Start Menu Search Box and Hit CTRL+Sfiht+Enter” or “Just Goto Start Menu=> All Programs=> Accessories, and then right click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Adminstrator.
3. Now Type the following Commands in Command Prompt, to know about the USB Drive a little bit.
First You have to Type DISKPART and ust Hit Enter, so that you can see the below Message.
Then, type LIST Disk command and Note down the Disk Number like (Disk 1, Disk 2) of your USB Flash Drive. (And my Disk Number is 2″Disk 2″)
4. Assuming your Disk Drive number is ” Disk 2 “, Type all the below given Commands one by one. (If your Disk Drive is Disk 2, then use Disk 2 in the place of Disk 1)
These are the Commands you have to type and Excecute One by One:-
SELECT DISK 1
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
SELECT PARTITION 1
(Format process may take few seconds)
Don’t close the Command Prompt, why ? because we have need to Execute one more Command at the Next Step, so minimize Commad Prompt.
5. Now you have to Insert Windows 7 or Vista DVD into the Optical Drive and just Check the drive letter of the DVD Drive. If your DVD Drive letter is “D” and USB drive letter will be “H”, fo that you have to Open Computer and Check.
6. Now Maximize the Minimized Command Prompt and just type the following Command. Below.
D: CD Boot and hit Enter (D is your DVD Drive Letter)
CD Boo t and Hit Enter to see the Below shown message.
7. In this Step, Type another Command Given below to Update your USB Drive with BOOTMGR compatible Code.
BOOTSECT.EXE/NT60 H :
Where” H” is your USB Drive letter, when you enter the above command you can see the message below shown.
8. Now Copy all your Wuindows 7 and Vista Contents to USB Flash Drive
9. Now USB Drive is ready to boot and Install Windows 7/8 or Windows Vista. But, you have to Change the Boot Priority at the BIOS to USB from HDD or CD ROM Drive.