Run Mac OS X Lion on Hackintosh PC is possible ?Yes, Here is a Guide on How to Install OS X Lion 10.7 on Hackintosh PC . Many of them who have built a Hackintosh PC from Scratch are waiting to Upgrade their Systems and enjoy the Lovelyness of Mac Lion .
Before Installing Mac OS X Lion on Hackintosh PC , you will need these tech specs and apps to Upgrade and you should be running Mac OS X Sn0w Leopard 10.6.6 or later versio n and these:
Image Credit to Redmondpie
* 8GB free on your HDD (4GB of which needs to be available in “/Applications”)
* Intel Core 2 Duo (minimum), 64 bit CPU
* The Lion Installer, which you can pick up from the Mac App Store for $29.99 (It’s 4GB so you may be in for a little bit of a wait if your connection isn’t lightning quick)
* Your system must be defined as Mac Pro 3,1. If not, you will need to use Multibeast to change it to 3,1. If you are unsure what your system is defined as, go to System Profile and look under Model Identifier.
* Lastly, in addition to Tonymac’s xMove tool, you will also need the latest version of Chimera bootloader. Although if you are using Chameleon, again you can use Multibeast to replace it with Chimera. Just look under “Drivers & Bootloaders > Bootloaders”
How to: Install Mac OS X Lion 10.7 on Hackintosh PC – Steps
Step 1 – Download Mac Lion from the Mac App Store
* Just Boot into your Current Sn0w Leopard Version and Download Mac OS X Lion from the App Store.
* When the OS X Lion Installer Launch , Click on Continue and Install Lion in the Partition where Snow Leopard was installed. (Note: This wont actually install Lion, it will just install the necessary files which are required for the installation later).
* Now Reboot your PC.
Step 2 – Prepare Partition – How To
* Boot back into your existing Snow Leopard installation .
* Open /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
* Highlight your Snow Leopard drive in left column.
* Choose the Partition tab, and Click the + to Add a Partition .
* Now Name the Secondary Partition Installer with a Size 8GB and Click Apply and Click on Partition.
* Now Close the Disk Utility.
Step 3 – How to Use xMove
* Download xMove from the link given above.
* Fire up xMove, and from there, choose the “Installer” drive as the Destination. DO NOT choose any other drive.
* Click continue.
Step 4 – Boot Installer & Install OS X Lion
* Reboot your PC and now at Chimera Boot screen, choose “Installer”.
* Now you should be a at a screen which looks familiar to the Mac OS X installer. Go ahead and install Lion over the Snow Leopard partition or any other empty partition, your choice.
Step 5 – Setting up your Hackintosh with MultiBeast
* Download MultiBeast from the link given at the beginning of the post.
* Run MultiBeast , If you’re on a PC which is running on top of an Intel Core 2 Duo or the latest Core i5/i7 processor, simply choose EasyBeast. Running a custom PC? Then click on UserDSDT.
* Install all the drivers needed, such as Graphics, Sound, Ethernet etc.
* Once you’re done, simply select the “ System Utilities ” option and reboot into OS X Lion.
When Rebooted, the Mac OS X Lion Installer will appear on the Chimera Boot Mnu. So, pick that as your Option and you will Boot into OS X Installer, from there you can update your Snow Leopard Partition easily. You have successfully done and you should have your hackintosh PC Running Mac OS X Lion 10.7. Thanks to Redmondpie for these Steps via source & image credits: tonymacx86 Blog