HTC has officially announced its Desire 820 plus added the quad-core Desire 820q smartphone alongside the cheaper Desire 816G with dual-SIM as well in India. The two smartphones “Desire 820 / 820q’ will be only be made available in the market for sale early-November, and no pricing has yet been revealed. But for the dual-SIM variant of the Desire 816 successor is priced at INR 18,990 and will go on sale in October.
About the HTC Desire 820, unveiled at a pre-IFA 2014 event. It’s powered by a 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 Soc (1.5GHz quad-core + 1.0GHz quad-core) with integrated 4G LTE Cat. 4 connectivity. It comes with a dual-SIM (Nano-SIM) slots, runs on Androud 4.4 KitKat with HTC Sense UI on top of it.
The Dual-SIM Desire 820 packs a 2GB of RAM, features a 13-megapixel (with f/2.2 lens) rear facing camera with LED flash and BSI sensor, apart from an 8-megapixel secondary front-facing camera. The 16GB inbuilt storage on the handset is expandable via microSD card (up to 128GB). Connectivity options on the smartphone include Wi-Fi, FM radio, Bluetooth, GPRS/ EDGE, GPS/ A-GPS, 3G and 4G LTE connectivity.
The HTC Desire 820q also sports a dual-SIM (Nano-SIM) functionality, offers the similar specifications as the HTC Desire 820, but it comes with a different quad-core chipset (clocked at 1.2GHz), and has just 1GB of RAM. The handset measures 157.7×78.74×7.74mm and weighs 155 grams. it is backed up by a 2600mAh battery which is rated to deliver up to 22.4 hours (3G) of talk time and 424 hours (3G) of standby time. It also supports HTC’s Dot View case which will provide ‘instant access to your phone without opening the cover.’
Notably, both the HTC Desire 820 and Desire 820q can be upgradable to upcoming release of Android L OS. Supports 4G LTE connections, got dual-front facing BoomSound speakers.
Features and Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core (1.5 GHz & 1.0 GHz) Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with Adreno 405 GPU / 1.2 quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor with Adreno 306 GPU (Desire 820q)
- 1GB (Desire 820q) / 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 4.4 with HTC Sense 6 UI, upgradable to Android L
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, BSI sensor, 28mm lens, 1080p video recording
- 8 MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- 7.74mm thick and weighs 155 grams
- HTC BoomSound, Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS
- 2600 mAh battery
The HTC Desire 820 and the Desire 820q come in a range of best colors in India. Officially be available in early-November 2014. Stay tuned!