The Pangu team has finally delivered an untethered iOS 8 – 8.1 jailbreak, now includes Cydia as well. The following guide will help you untethered JB of your iOS device running on iOS 8.x and install Cydia on it in an easy way.
Before you jailbreak, this is important to note:
* Before jailbreaking, you have to turn off any lock screen passcode or Touch ID (Settings – General – Touch ID & Passcode – turn off Simple Passcode) as well as Find My iPhone (Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone), and naturally, your device will need to have spare storage space in order to run Pangu in the first place.
* Must have an iTunes restored version of iOS 8 / 8.1 installed on your device for the jailbreak scene. If you updated from iOS 7.x to 9.x via OTA, then the jailbreak won’t work. You can now download iOS 8.1 from here, and restore using iTunes.
* Make sure to backup your device completely before proceeding either through iTunes or using iCloud (Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup and turn on iCloud Backup).
* You must have iTunes 12.0.1 or later installed on your PC before you can even begin. And, it should also be running in background when the jailbreak process is taking place.
* Suppported devices: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (2,3,4, Air and Air 2, mini 1, mini 2, mini 3 and iPod touch 5G). No! iPhone 4 isn’t supported either with running iOS 8 or this jailbreak.
* Supported firmwares: 8.0, 8.0.1, 8.0.2, 8.1
The least iOS 8.1 supports this untethered jailbreak on Windows and OS X Mac. Now, follow our tutorial below.
Step 1: Download Pangu for Windows from here.
Step 2: Right-click on the Pangu icon and then click on Run as Administrator.
Step 3: With Pangu up and running, connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your PC using USB.
Step 4: Click on the checkbox that says PP to uncheck it.
Step 5: Press the blue button in the center of the display to begin jailbreak process. Your device will reboot several times during the jailbreaking process, so be patient.
Step 6: Once jailbreak is complete, you’ll see a new Pangu icon sitting on your iOS device’s home screen. In fact to confirm that the jailbreak was successful.
Now, to install Cydia
Step 1: Run the Pangu app from your home screen.
Step 2: Tap on Cydia and install it.
Step 3: After reboot/respring, you’ll have the latest Cydia version installed on your iOS device.
That’s it. Now your iOS 8.1 is jailbroken untethered with Cydia by default. Enjoy!