As you all know that Popular Google Voice Clients”Apps” for iPhone such as GV Mobile, Voice Central and many others were available earlier last year for a short period. As these Google Voice Clients were removed by Apple from the App Store, Why ? due to duplicating features that the iPhone comes with(SMS, Dailer, etc). Later these Google Voice Clients or Apps were made available on Cydia for Jailbroken iPhone’s.
As we all know this Google Voice Client Apps were again submitted to Apple App Store for a review for a launch via iTunes App Store. It seems that the recent changes in the App Store guidelines have taken its effect as the first time of Google Voice Clients for iPhone, which makes a comeback in the iTunes App Store.
Where Apple has not approved the GV Mobile App yet, but there are many other Google Voice Clients, which are fully featured that goes by the name of GV Connect which is now available on the App Store for a cost price tag of $3. GV Connect features everything which we can expect from a Google Voice Client, expect for Push Notification ad here are some of the features, which you can read below:
“• Place calls using your Google Voice number rather than your mobile number – enter number directly, select a contact from your device’s contacts, or call back any number in your history.
• Send and receive text messages (SMS) from your Google Voice number.
• Listen to voicemails and recorded conversations right on your device (allowing you to pause, rewind, or fast forward to any point within the message) – voicemails will also show the transcription of the message when available.
• Mark messages as starred, attach notes to conversations, block/unblock senders, or delete conversations.
• Easily search in your history by contact, message, or note.
• Messages are stored on your device for offline access.
• Composing notes and text messages can be done in landscape mode.
• Quickly change various Google Voice account settings (call forwarding, do-not-disturb, message notifications, …) directly from within the application.
• Automatic checking for new messages while the application is active.
• Direct access to your device’s contacts without needing to synchronize them with Google
• All communication
is done with the Google Voice website directly, no need to hand over your account information to a third-party.
• Full support for fast app switching in iOS4 and high-resolution graphics for retina displays.”
This GV Connect may open the doors for other related Google Voice Apps to follow in App Store soon and if you want to Download GV Connect for iPhone.
Download GV Connect for iPhone via iTunes