Enable HDR Photos on Your iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS – How To Guide
A New HDR functinality was intruduced by Apple in the the latest iOS 4.1 Firmware Update for iPhone 4 users only. This HDR functionality is not aplicable for iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 3G users. Don’t be dissappont, as Jailbroken iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS users can now add this new HDR feature with a few simple string mods. This is an hack, which is helpful to do so, from 9to5mac.
* You make sure that you installed OpenSSH trough Cydia, When it’s installed “SSh” into your iDevice, this is recommended you also use the “passwd” command to change your Password from the default “alpine”.
* Now you grab this file located at/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N82AP.plist, if you have an iPhone 3G.
* For iPhone 3GS users, Grab this file located at/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N88AP.plist.
* Now add s key named’hdr-image-capture’ with a boolen value of ‘true’ to the “capabilities” section of the property list.
* Now save it, and use SSh to replace the copy on the Device with your modified version
* After you had done that, now Restart SpringBoard, or you can just reboot your iDevice(either iPhone 3G, or iPhone 3GS)
That’s it, now you should have access to the HDR settings in the Camera application and now ENJOY High Definition Pictures with your Friends and family.