Apple today released a major update to its iTunes music player/ store, bringing some bug fixes with it, specially for iTunes Match.
While the update has appeared on the iTunes direct links page, but it’s not yet showing up in the software update.
The new iTunes carries a version number of 10.5.2 on it was actually released on Monday for its music store. The Update is not significant one; it just claers a few bugs which users might be facing regarding iTunes Match and playback of audio files which has been imported from CD’s.
The iTunes gets quite a few updates since Apple introduced iOS 5 back in October. With the intro of iCloud and long with iTunes Match, it’s fair to stay that the Cupertino company has had a lot of its plate with regards to getting everything too work essentially. iTunes 10.5.1 finally saw Match join the party, a server which allows paying iOS users to access the 224kbps AAC version of any given song – from anywhere. Allowing a decent quality audio files to be enjoyed from wherever, including the space as well.
iTunes 10.5.2 adds a number of enhancements for iTunes Match, and it includes several additional updates and bug fixes. The 10.5.2 update includes several improvements for iTunes Match and fixes an audio distortion issue when playing or importing certain CDs.
Apple said in a note with the update. Users can update their iTunes software by downloading version 10.5.2 from Apple’s website or by using the integrated software update tool.
Here’s the official changlog:
What’s new in iTunes 10.5.2
iTunes 10.5.2 includes several improvements for iTunes Match and fixes an audio distortion problem when playing or importing certain CDs.
iTunes 10.5.1 also included:
* iTunes Match . Store your entire music library in iCloud, including music you’ve imported from CDs, and enjoy your collection anywhere, anytime, on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, computer, or Apple TV.
* iTunes in the Cloud . iTunes now stores your music and TV purchases in iCloud and makes them available on your devices anywhere, any time, at no additional cost.
* Automatic Downloads . Purchase music from any device or computer and automatically download a copy to your Mac and iOS devices.
* Download Previous Purchases . Download your past music, TV, app, and book purchases again, at no additional cost. Previous purchases may be unavailable if they are no longer on the iTunes Store.
* Sync with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5 .
* Wi-Fi Syncing . Automatically sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes any time they’re both on the same Wi-Fi network.
You can now download iTunes 10.5.2 for Windows and Mac from Apple.com by just following this link, or by opening up the Software update app and hit the update button in the old style method.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: support.apple.com/kb/HT1222