Following the lengthy beta testing period, Apple has finally released iOS 7.1 to the public, be the first major upgrade to the revamped iOS 7 firmware. Available as a free download over-the-air (OTA) on iOS 7 running devices as well as via iTunes, officially.
Final version of iOS 7.1 download links have just been rolled out for those on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, bringing support for the Cupertino company’s recently unveiled CarPlay feature, 7.1 brings a host of smaller enhancements, as usual some bug fixes and general performance enhancements as though. Full details and download iOS 7.1 links information, alongside the change log can be found after this break.
Today’s iOS 7.1 release has hit the scene a little earlier that we’d projected,though it was been reckoned by numerous, notably-reliable sources that it will be making its grand entrance around the middle of March. After five pre-GM beta builds, gave us frequent insight of CarPlay before Apple officially showcased it at the recent Geneva Motor Show, iOS 7.1 is now ready for prime time. Owners of an iOS 7-ready device? You can get involved with the very latest build of Apple’s mobile firmware.
s expected, the iOS 7.1 update brings support for CarPlay, improvements for Touch ID performance in the iPhone 5s, and a bunch of other fixes and enhancements. Supported devices are as follows; iPhone 4 or later, iPod touch (5th generation) or later, iPad 2 or later, running iOS 5 or later iOS 7.1 should be available as an OTA update for your device. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and iOS will check for available updates, automatically. How to?
Once checked for the latest update, according to Apple – available updates download automatically if your device is connected to Wi-Fi and a power source. Tap Download to bootup the update and after downloading completed, tap Install to update your iOS. That’s it!
Still there are no hidden surprises packed into iOS 7,this iO 7.1 is definitely worth picking up, although if you’re a jailbreaker, we would encourage you to hold off for as Evasi0n7 is completely patched in iOS 7.1. Stay tuned!
The complete iOS 7.1 change log is as follows:
– iOS experience designed for the car
– Simply connect your iPhone to a CarPlay enabled vehicle
– Supports Phone, Music, Maps, Messages, and 3rd-party audio apps
– Control with Siri and the car’s touchscreen, knobs, and buttons
– Manually control when Siri listens by holding down the home button while you speak and releasing it when you’re done as an alternative to letting Siri automatically notice when you stop talking
– New, more natural sounding male and female voices for Mandarin Chinese, UK English, Australian English, and Japanese
– Search field above Featured Stations to easily create stations based on your favorite artist or song
– Buy albums with the tap of a button from Now Playing
– Subscribe to iTunes Match on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to enjoy iTunes Radio ad-free
– Option to display events in month view
– Country specific holidays automatically added for many countries
– Bold font option now includes the keyboard, calculator, and many icon glyphs
– Reduce Motion option now includes Weather, Messages, and multitasking UI animations
– New options to display button shapes, darken app colors, and reduce white point
– New Camera setting to automatically enable HDR for iPhone 5s
– iCloud Keychain support in additional countries
– FaceTime call notifications are automatically cleared when you answer a call on another device
– Fixes a bug that could occasionally cause a home screen crash
– Improves Touch ID fingerprint recognition
– Improved performance for iPhone 4
– Fixes display of Mail unread badge for numbers greater than 10,000
– Continued user interface refinements
Below, you can find links to the iOS 7.1 build specific to your particular device, so download it, fire up iTunes, and get updating.
iOS 7.1 Download IPSW Links:
Warning: iOS 7.1 Patches Evasi0n7 Jailbreak! If you wish to preserve a jailbreak, please do hold off this update as there is currently no jailbreak available for this firmware version.