You can now download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 which is now available for free installation. Before you grab the direct download links of Cisco Packet Tracer, you have to read the full description of it. Here are the details you need to know about.
Cisco Packet Tracer is specially developed by the Cisco team for the CCNA and CCNP students for their practice related to routing, switching, networking, and Internet of Things. If you are among those students, studying Cisco networking equipment, then Cisco Packet Tracer is just for you.
When you ask about the uses of Cisco Packet Tracer, is a tool that provides you a visualization of what exactly you are doing while networking. You can also see the results of your configuration skills on Desktop or Mobile devices. Basically, it is a simulation tool that can be used to simulate networking and routing problems. Students can even make assignments and small projects with it.
With the release of the latest Cisco Packet Tracer version 7.1, bugs are fixed and quality improvements have been made. Not many new features are added because developers have designed it as a maintenance release of Packet Tracer 6.3 and 7.0.
And as aforementioned, this tool is a freeware which can help a lot for those who can’t play such high expenditures to practice because Cisco training is very expensive and not everyone can afford it.
We have also learned on how you can download its offline installer to complete the installation process without connecting to the internet.
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 Features [Review]
1. It allows more flexibility for rack and stack.
2. You can add-a-rack and add-a-table with Packet Tracer 7.1.
3. Make an optional association between logical clusters and physical clusters of devices.
4. It allows you to install, uninstall, and even stop the programming tab.
5. Import/Export projects as the .pkp format.
6. Activity Sequencer enhancements have been made.
7. Support for MQTT protocol is added.
Bugfixes found in Packet Tracer 7.1
- A crash occurred when running “show ip ospf interface” command, this is fixed now.
- A crash occurred when moving from physical to config menu of the 2901 ISR router. This has resolved now.
- A crash occurred when entering the “service password-encryption” command on the ISR 829 router, this is fixed.
- An issue has been fixed where Packet Tracer was not remembering Netacad credentials and login is required at each application load.
- A Home-VoIP-PT device was not able to save server address, this issue has resolved.
Get Started with Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1
1. Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 from the link provided below.
2. Run the installer and proceed with on-screen instructions to complete the process.
3. First of all, you will be asked to log in into Cisco Packet Tracer.If you don’t have an account already, log in as a guest.
4. The main window will look like this.
5. You can access all of its tools from the top bar, left-hand bar, and bottom bar.
Note: System Requirements
Intel Pentium 4, 3.0GHz or better is required. It actually needs at least 1GB Hard Disk, 500MB RAM, sound card, and speakers.
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 can also be downloaded as the offline installer, as it is a standalone installer, you do not need any internet connection for its installation. You can start practicing your work about networking with it the easy way.
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 Download Links
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 for Windows 32-bit (120.9 MiB, 92 hits)
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 for Windows 64-bit (128.6 MiB, 76 hits)
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 for Linux 64-bit (151.4 MiB, 63 hits)