CyanogenMod 9 Alpha 0.5 For HP TouchPad Released To Fix Bugs
CyanogenMod team has rolled out an unique Alpha build of the latest version of Google Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for the HP TouchPad ealier this month. CyanogenMod 9 Alpha 0 was released for the TouchPad tablet, which was based on Android 4.0 ICS, includes Google’s new user interface which is optimized for tablets only, without physical buttons, and doesn’t having home, back, and menu buttons, it been good fit for TouchPad, similar capabilities were found on most of the Android phones and tablets.
A new CyanogenMod 9 available for the HP TouchPad, this latest version includes a handful of bug fixes and a few new features for Android 4.0 – Ice Cream Sandwich on HP’s tablet.
The CyanogenMod 9 Alpha 0.5 for your HP TouchPad, the latest version comes with a range of bug fixes and also by adding new elements to the WebOS tablet.
You must note it down that this software is still an unofficial one is not supported by HP, and this unstable Alpha release still fixes the number of bugs, such as the camera, which doesn’t work and there’s no hardware video accelaration.
CyanogenMod 9 Alpha 0.5 has fixed a number of bugs, and you can see a full list of what is new below for the HP TouchPad tablet below.
* The kernel should crash less often (which means you won’t see as many random reboots).
* A graphics bug that had been affecting some games has been fixed.
* There are touchscreen improvements which should allow you to tap rapidly on the screen.
* The tablet should now charge more quickly.
* You can use the web browser in incognito mode.
* CMStats is now included.
If you haven’t yer installed CM9 Alpha 0 (Android 4.0 ICS) on the HP TouchPad, then follow our step by step guide posted here and upgrade to Alpha 0.5 within few minutes.
1. Download the latest build from the links at the RootzWiki forum to your TouchPad.
2. Press and hold the power button to shut down your tablet.
3. Start it up again by pressing the power button again.
4. From the Moboot menu, select the “boot ClockworkMod” option. (Use the volume keys to scroll up and down, and the home button to select).
5. In ClockworkMod select “install zip from sdcard.”
6. On the following screen select “choose zip from sdcard.”
7. Navigate to the folder where you’ve placed update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Touchpad-alpha0.5-fullofbugs.zip and select it.
8. Select “Yes.”
9. Once the install is complete, reboot your device and this time choose CyanogenMod from the boot menu.
If you followed the guide correctly, you should be now running the latest CyanoGenMod 9 Alpha 0.5 build of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on HP TouchPad.