Although the price for the highly-anticipated BlackBerry Passport has be priced at $599 in the US, and in sterling it will cost around £366. Talking about some innards after this break!
The QWERTY Passport features a 4.5inch display with a 1440×1440 pixel resolution, which equates to 453ppi. Under the hood there’s a Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8974 quad-core chip. We don’t know precisely which chip just yet, but it does have an Adreno 330 GPU and 3GB of RAM, suggesting it is either a Snapdragon 800 or 801 setup. There’s also a non-removable 3,450mAh battery pack and microSD support.
The BlackBerry handset sports with a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and a 2MP shooter on the front. The handset show it can go around 15 hours from a single charge with middling-to-high usage, when we’re talking about the mammoth battery, could make for a HUGE USP for the Passport.
BlackBerry Passport offers its size and aspect ratio to accommodate these characters, making it the ideal device for reading e-books, viewing documents and browsing the web. With a full-on touch-“enabled” QWERTY setup designed at bringing the best possible typing experience to its users, the company has presented some details about the Passport’s new WERTY keyboard inside the BB10.3 notes, which can be read below.
This touch-enabled keyboard offers an even more productive and precise BlackBerry 10 experience, which opens up new possibilities for your app and your app’s users. To test it out, simply open up the BlackBerry 10.3 simulator controller and select the Touch Area control. We can’t wait to see the different ways you’ll integrate this unique, powerful functionality into your BlackBerry 10 app.
The QWERTY Touch-Enabled Keyboard
Android Apps runs on BlackBerry Passport, alongside Amazon apps too….
BlackBerry partnering with Amazon for the Appstore bringing Amazon apps and Android apps to BlackBerry 10.3. The BlackBerry Passport comes with both the BlackBerry World and Amazon Appstore preloaded. The BlackBerry OS 10.3.1 update will give BB 10 devices (Z10, Z30, Q5, Q10) the same privilege. The Amazon store will put the retailer’s huge selection of Android apps at your fingertips – no side-loading and hacking necessary! Games like Minecraft, Candy Crush Saga, Pinterest, Temple Run 2, and Cut the Rope 2 are yours to play. There’s no word about Kindle-related functionality yet.
BlackBerry also included a bullet-point list of features and advantages:
- Faster scrolling: You can use the keyboard to swipe up and down to scroll on long lists in a document or on a browser page, keeping your fingers off the screen and focused on what’s happening.
- More intuitive cursor control and text selection: This is a classic BlackBerry productivity enhancement reinvented for the Passport. Double-tap the keyboard, then drag your finger across the keyboard to drop the cursor at precisely the right point. Or select the text just as you would on an older BlackBerry: hold the SHIFT key while dragging your finger across the keyboard to extend a selection.
- Smart, contextual virtual keys: The Passport’s QWERTY 3-row keyboard creates a clean-looking, right-sized layout. There is also a virtual 4th row on-screen that smartly shifts depending on context. So if you’re typing a password on-screen, the 4th row would automatically include numbers and symbols commonly used in passwords. If you’re typing an e-mail, the ‘@’ symbol will be displayed, and when surfing the Web, the colon and backslash characters needed to type in a URL will be displayed. Like I said, smart! With a little practice, most Passport users should find themselves typing faster than ever before.
- Flick to type: Stuck on a word? BlackBerry 10’s next word suggestion feature learns from you to give you smart, personalized choice of words you’re likely to type. You then just flick up to complete the word.
- Easier delete: Made a mistake? No problem, just swipe back (left) to Delete the last word, just like on our virtual keyboard!
- Entering an accented character? Hold the letter key down, and then lightly tap on the key to add the appropriate accent!
BlackBerry Assistant, rival to Cortana and Apple Siri and Google Now
Here’s the first-look at what BlackBerry Assistant is all about; how it differs from Siri and Google now; and perhaps most importantly, how you the user will interact with it once it launches inside the upcoming BlackBerry 10.3 update.
BlackBerry Assistant can accommodate me the same way. It is voice activated when I need it to be, and helps manage simple tasks on my device from searching my email and calendar, finding out what’s trending on Twitter, to sending trivia night invitations. The more I use it, the more it learns and adapts to me. The more I speak with it, the more tuned-in to my queries it gets,” wrote Donny Halliwell in the post.
BlackBerryBlend app opens BBM messages on laptop. Work and personal content blended. Never stop working ever again! Save a presentation and have access to it on any Blend connected device. Allows access to BBM from computer, Blend dashboard (emails, BBMs, etc). Blend works on iPad, Mac computers as well!
Never miss a BBM or text message: Blend brings all your BBM and text messages from your BlackBerry smartphone to an integrated messaging hub now conveniently available on your computer and tablet.
Use your smartphone as a mobile network hub: Gain secure access to work email, calendars and important files on any device connected to Blend.
- Transfer files across devices: Save files from your computer to your BlackBerry smartphone so they are accessible on any device connected to BlackBerry Blend.
- BlackBerry security, across your devices: Powered by the BlackBerry device through the BlackBerry network, this seamless experience is also secure. And IT Administrators can rest easy, as they have the ability to set BlackBerry Blend parameters for users that match their security guidelines.
- Unified Calendar Management: BlackBerry Blend merges all of your work meetings, personal appointments and events into one view.
- Connect anywhere, anytime: BlackBerry Blend can connect wirelessly via Wi-Fi or cellular connection, or wired through the USB port on your PC. Once connected, use your BlackBerry ID on your computer and tablet to connect to BlackBerry Blend.
BlackBerry Passport Features
- 4.5” square(1440 x 1440 pixels) 453 PPI 10-point multi-touch display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974-AA) processor with 450MHz Adreno 330 GPU
- 13MP Auto-Focus rear camera with 6DOF OIS, BSI sensor, 5-element f2.0 lens, LED Flash 1080p HD video recording at 60fps
- 2MP Fixed-Focus front-facing camera with Image & video stabilization, 720p HD video recording
- Dimensions: 128 x 90.3 x 9.3mm; Weight: 194.4g
- 3GB LPDDR3 800MHz RAM, 32GB internal memory, Expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 LE, SlimPort, NFC, GPS + GLONASS
- 3450mAh integrated non-removable battery
- 1080p Full-HD recording at 60fps
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
Everything in Blend is powered by the users BlackBerry. Will be available starting today in App Store, Google Play, Blackberry store.
Compared BlackBerry Passport Specs vs. iPhone 6 Offering
Passport is already on sale on BlackBerry official store, $699 unlocked. Goes on sale today. Telus offering for $200 on two year contract. Telus will offer the phone for $200 on a two-year share plus plan until Sept. 30th. Only carrier with that price and in the US, the phone is US$599, respectively.
The pricing is $599 on Amazon.com and will vary from region to region. BlackBerry began selling the device Wednesday through its website to customers in the U.S., the U.K., Canada, France and Germany. It will also sell the phone through Amazon.com Inc. It will available in more than 30 countries before the end of the year through various carriers.
The BlackBerry Passport (unlocked) is available through ShopBlackBerry.com for customers in Canada, France, Germany, the UK and the U.S. Following the launch, at “special introductory prices”:
- Canada – $699
- France – €649
- Germany – €649
- UK – £529
- USA – $599
Stay tuned to Grabi.org on September 29th, India BlackBerry Passport live event.