Latest version of Seas0nPass is out for both Windows and Mac OS X, brings untethered jailbreak for Apple TV 5.3 firmware running on the second generation AppleTV hardware. P0sixpwn being released the FireCore dev-team have now implemented the exploits found within the jailbreak solution from @iH8sn0w, @winocm, and @SquiffyPwn into a new version of Seas0nPass Apple TV jailbreak.
Updated aTV Flash (black) to version 2.4 to be compatible with the new 5.3 firmware. FireCore promises that progress has been made Apple TV 6.0+, and more news will follow in the days to come.
Witnessed the new release of an untethered jailbreak for all iOS devices running iOS 7.x, courtesy of the Evad3rs, as well as an untethered method for all devices running stock versions of Apple’s mobile OS. It was only a matter of time until the Apple TV was shown some attention now.
Seas0nPass has been updated with it a number of changes that will bring some new year cheer to the face of passionate Apple TV owners, untethered jailbreak is possible now.
The FireCore dev-team went on state that “there has been some encouraging progress made on Apple TV 6.0+ thanks to our friends Evad3rs and NitoTV, and we hope to have more news available soon.”
Those, who are still posing 5.3 firmware on Apple TV 2G can download this new version of Seas0nPass for Windows and Mac now from the links given below for an untethered ATV jailbreak.
Additionally, as mentioned above, aTC Flash (black) has also received an update to version 2.4, bringing full support for Apple TV 5.3 untether and more,
What’s new in aTV Flash (black) v2.4?
- Added support for untethered Apple TV 5.3
- Improved reliability of installation process
- Improved diagnostic reporting
- Other various fixes and improvements
Important! Those currently running 5.3 firmware will simply need to install the Maintenance (2.4) update. Instructions shown below.
1. On the ATV2, navigate to Maintenance > Manage Extras
2. Install the Maintenance (2.4) update and the Click to Untether (1.2) items – restart the Apple TV when prompted.
Or, need to update to 5.3 or re-install? Follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Maintenance > Settings > Manage Backups and create a new backup. Double-check to ensure the backup is listed in the Restore From Backups menu.
2. Download the latest version of Seas0nPass.
3. Open and run Seas0nPass normally, to update the Apple TV to 5.3 untethered.
4. Download and run the new 2.4 version of aTV Flash (black) to reinstall.
However, no official word is outed currently on when, or if, any support for the latest third-generation Apple TV unit will be offered, nor, there is some progress being made on the jailbreak front for Apple TV 6.0+ firmware (2nd-gen only). Expected to hear it soon!
You can download Seas0nPass for Mac and Windows from the direct links we’ve embedded below:
Download Seas0nPass for Mac
Download Seas0nPass for Windows
Tutorial on how-to jailbreak, please check out this guide on how to jailbreak Apple TV.