Google has officially started rolling out Android 5.0 Lollipop update over-the-air (OTA) for Nexus 5, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013) Wi-Fi variants and the Nexus 10. Upgrade for the 3G/LTE variants of the Nexus 7 and for the Nexus 4 haven’t made available right now. While the Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 tablets have already received a minor update to address bugs.
Android 5.0 Lollipop update major changes as follows:
- Material Design: A bold, colorful, and responsive UI design for consistent, intuitive experiences across all your devices
- Notifications: New ways to control when and how you receive messages – only get interrupted when you want to be
- Battery: A battery saver feature which extends device use by up to 90 mins
- Security: Encryption automatically turned on to help protect data on lost or stolen devices
- Device Sharing Multiple users for phones, Guest user for phones and tablets
- New Quick Settings
- Connectivity: A better internet connection everywhere and more powerful Bluetooth low energy capabilities
- Runtime and Performance: A faster, smoother and more powerful computing experience
- Media: Bolder graphics and improved audio, video, and camera capabilities
- OK Google: Easy access to information and performing tasks
- Accessibility: Enhanced low vision and color blind capabilities
- Now in 68+ languages with 15 new additions including Bengali, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Sinhala, Tamil and Telugu
In the next few days, the Android 5.0 Lollipop OTA should reach everyone globally for the Nexus devices aforementioned. Rolling out now!