Adobe has released a major update to its Adobe Reader apps for iOS and Android to version 10.2.0 that brings a number of annotation features that have been made available in the desktop version of Adobe Reader’s for some time.
The new version PDF Reader includes the ability to annotate PDFs, add sticky note comments, fill out PDF forms, add signatures to PDF documents, and send PDF files that need to be signed to other users.
Adobe Reader for iOS lets you (users) sign with finger on touch screens. Other updates, like Send for Signature, now allow users to track and manage documents in the cloud.
More specifically, the following is new:
* Ink Signature Tool : Users can electronically sign a document by hand-drawing their signature with their finger directly on their iOS or Android device. Desktop users can add a typed or cursive signature.
* Send for Signature: Users can connect to Adobe EchoSign from their desktop, iOS or Android device to get others to sign documents electronically, enabling senders to track and manage the status of documents online.
* Annotation : Mobile users can highlight, strikethrough, or underline any text.
* Comment : Mobile users can add sticky notes anywhere on the PDF document.
* Forms Fill : Mobile can fill out simple PDF forms, save and forward them.
This update rolled out currently for iOS devices and Android, but for the desktop version Adobe Reader gets updated today with new mobile features. The The latest update brings new features that let users actually interact with PDF documents on their iOS or Android device. Previously, you could essentially only view documents.
After being shunned by Apple repeatedly for the now dead mobile version of Flash, Adobe’s latest iterations of Edge specifically target standards based tech that functions on mobile devices. To top it all off, the upcoming release of Dreamweaver CS6 will feature responsive Web design capabilities, keeping every screen in mind.
Adobe Reader is free and can be downloaded from the iTunes App Store and Google Play Store now.
Download Adobe Reader for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch [iTunes Link]
Download Adobe Reader for Android [ Play Store Link]
Download Adobe Reader App for Desktops