Windows 8 Start Menu Toggle – Is a Free Software Download for Windows 8 and How to Disable/Enable Win 8 Metro UI and that changes a single values in the Windows Registry to Disable or Enable the Traditional Start Menu.
After Windows 8 Developer Preview Installed on your PC (My Comupter), we shared Topics like How to Install Windows 8 From USB Drive and How to Dual Boot Windows 8 with Windows 7 , and some more features of this new Windows 8 Developer Preview.
But, we cannot compare this with Windows 7, because this Windows 8 OS came with Metro UI Interface and functionalities that we cannot Understand quickly. Example: The Windows 8 Start Menu, Swiping, and so on…! Actually, this Windows 8 works awesome with Touch-based PCs and the biggest issue that i have with Windows 8 is, i cannot see the gain in using Metro User Interface on my Desktop.
What i faced with Windows 8 Metro UI ?
1. This new User Interface has many shortcoming, beginning by simple things like not being able to close applications.
2. Not being able to Display more than two windows at the same time on the Screen.
3. When you switch to the Desktop, you will get the Standard Windows Desktop Interface, known from previous versions of Operating Systems.
4. If any Apps or installed on your Windows 8 Computer, it displays all details on your Metro UI Desktop with icons (bunch which is not Necessary).
5. Important Issue! is the Start Menu, which shows you Settings, Device and so on, but not showing the Start Menu. When you hover on Start Menu it shows, Devices, Settings, Share and Search.
6. If you want to Restart or Shutdown your Microsoft Windows 8 Computer, then you have to tap on Settings from Start Menu and a windows opens, then you can see Power Button and then you are able to Restart or Shut Down.
There are many issues ? no not issues, but difficulties we are not going to understand clearly. But Windows 8 is one of the Future Operating Systems for the Young Generation. In my Thoughts this Windows 8 OS will be very useful for Windows 8 Tablets and Windows Phone 8 Smartphones.
About Windows 8 Start Menu Toggle:
This is a Free Software to Download for Windows 8, comes with an Option to Disable or Enable Metro UI completely onb your Desktop PC. While there is no official way to do that yet, it is possible to activate the standard start menu and disable much of the Metro functionality.
When executed this Windows 8 Start Menu Toggle for the first time will trigger the Installation of the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 from within the OS. When installing any Windows Related Applications, it says it require .NET Framework and when you want to Install .NET Framework, it says already Installed in Windows 8.
When you run the program on Windows 8 you get a single button interface. When you click on it you either activate or deactivate the start button. This Windows 8 Start Menu Toggle Program does the following in Registry.
“ It switches the RPEnabled string to either 0 (inactive) or 1 (active) under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
The value 0 enables the start menu, the value 1 disables it again. ”
Download Windows 8 Start Menu Toggle from HERE and given by the Developer of Deviantart.Tags: Download Windows 8 Start Menu Toggle Download Windows 8 Start Menu Toggle - Free Software Enable Classic Start Menu in Windows 8 Enable Windows 8 Classic Start Menu with Windows 8 Start Menu Toggkle Enable/Disable Windows 8 Metro UI Start Screen How To How to: Disable Windows 8 Metro UI Start Screen How to: Enable Classic Start Menu In Windows 8